lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Zillmann <>
Subject Re: ANNOUNCE: Release of Lucene Java 3.0.1 and 2.9.2
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:42:40 GMT
Just one thought...

For me it would be natural to be never confronted with the Version.xx thing in the api unless
you really need.
so f.e. having
	new QueryParser("", new KeywordAnalyzer()).parse("content: the");
as a default (probably using Version.LUCENE_CURRENT under the hood), but having
	new QueryParser(Version.XXX,"", new KeywordAnalyzer()).parse("content: the");
as well.

Of cause this would require a lot of method/constructor overloading, but would make the api
more user friendly for those who write some code where the version don't matter...