lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Condit <>
Subject RE: recovering payload from fields
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2010 00:42:44 GMT
> Payload Data is accessed through PayloadSpans so using SpanQUeries is the
> netry point it seems.  There are tools like PayloadSpanUtil that convert other
> queries into SpanQueries for this purpose if needed but the api for Payloads
> looks it like it goes through Spans is the bottom line.

So there's no way to iterate through all the payloads for a given field? I can't use the SpanQuery
mechanism because in this case the entire field will be displayed - and I can't search for
"*". Is there some trick I'm not thinking of?

> this is the tip of the iceberg; a big dangerous iceberg...

Yes - I'm beginning to see that...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message