lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Bruno <andrew.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NAS vs SAN vs Server Disk RAID
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 02:05:24 GMT
Katta looks interesting.  I have also been looking at SOLR, but both of
these require reworking the application, and possibly re-indexing the world
again.

Do you know if Katta supports Compass/Lucene v2.0 migration?

Also, when I say 1T, what I really mean is that we have about 1200 different
indexes, which total 1Tbyte on this server.  This means that all indexes do
not need to be on one disk.

At the moment we are also processing about 20,000 index updates per hour on
the same server.

In theory SAN should work better, as its on fibre-optic so should have less
latency??? Opinions?

Thx/AB