lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Bruno <andrew.br...@gmail.com>
Subject NAS vs SAN vs Server Disk RAID
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 23:54:18 GMT
Hello,

I am working with an application that offers its customers their own index,
primary two indexes for different needs per customer.

As our business is growing and growing, I now have a situation where the web
application has its customer's index on one volume, and its getting close to
1Tbyte.

There are lots of updates and inserts, and plenty of searches.  As you can
imagine, the application is starting to slow down heavily, especially during
high traffic time when documents (PDF, DOCs, etc) are indexed.

Since the disk IO on the server is high, our datacenter engineers suggested
we look at NAS or SAN, for performance gain, and for future growth.

Has anyone had any experience in running Lucene2.0/Compass in these
environments?  Do you know of any case studies, whitepapers, web sites?

Thanks
Andrew