lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: recovering payload from fields
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2010 10:42:15 GMT
You can also access payloads through the TermPositions enum, but, this
is by term and then by doc.

It sounds like you need to iterate through all terms sequentially in a
given field in the doc, accessing offset & payload?  In which case
reanalyzing at search time may be the best way to go.

You can store term vectors in the index, which will store offsets (if
you ask it to), but, payloads are not currently stored with term
vectors.

Mike

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Christopher Condit <condit@sdsc.edu> wrote:
>> Payload Data is accessed through PayloadSpans so using SpanQUeries is the
>> netry point it seems.  There are tools like PayloadSpanUtil that convert other
>> queries into SpanQueries for this purpose if needed but the api for Payloads
>> looks it like it goes through Spans is the bottom line.
>
> So there's no way to iterate through all the payloads for a given field? I can't use
the SpanQuery mechanism because in this case the entire field will be displayed - and I can't
search for "*". Is there some trick I'm not thinking of?