lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: custom FieldCache cost too much time. how can I preload the the custom fieldCache when new segment exits!
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2010 10:36:54 GMT
How are you opening a new reader?

If it's a near-real-time reader (IndexWriter.getReader), or you use
IndexReader.reopen, it should only be the newly created segments that
have to generate the field cache entry, which most of the time should
be fast.

If you are already using those APIs and its still not fast enough,
then you should just warm the reader before using it (additionally,
for a near-real-time reader you should warm newly merged segments by
installing a mergedSegmentWarmer on the writer).

Mike