lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Haghighi, Nariman" <Nariman.Haghi...@workopolis.com>
Subject ComplexPhraseQueryParser (Expanded Form and Boosting)
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 21:32:29 GMT
We are relying on the ComplexPhraseQueryParser for some impressive matching capabilities.

Of concern is that Wildcard Queries, of the form "quality operations providing quality food
services job requirements: click here to apply for this job*", for instance, take 2-5 seconds
to execute and require boosting the maxClauseCount to > 40K. I'm hard-pressed to believe
that we have over 40K unique words that have 'job' as a prefix in our index so the first question
is, how does one see the expanded form of this query? We've installed the latest Luke for
Lucene 3 but aren't able to reproduce the same search there as it doesn't seem to support
Wildcard Queries. Second concern: boosting a phrase ("java developer"^10.0) doesn't seem to
be applied when you look at the result explanations when using the ComplexPhraseQueryParser
- it's respected on single word queries and it's respected on phrases using the basic QueryParser.

Any ideas?

Avant d'imprimer ce courriel, pensez ? l'environnement.