lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mike Polzin <mikepol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Limiting search result for web search engine
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 01:26:37 GMT
I am working on building a web search engine and I would like to build a reults page similar
to what Google does. The functionality I am looking to include is what I refer to a "rolling
up" sites, meaning that even if a particular site (defined by its base URL) has many relevent
hits on various pages for the searches keywords, that site is only shown once in the results
listing with a link to the most relevent hit on that site. What I do not want is to have one
site dominate a search results page.

Does it make sense to just do the search, get the hits list and then programatically remove
the results which, although they meet the search criteria, are not as relevent? Is there a
way to do this through queries?

Thanks in advance!

Mike