lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Clarissa Meyer <cmey...@googlemail.com>
Subject RAMDirectory and inner Structure
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 14:18:53 GMT
Hi,

currently I'm working on a students project including a lucene index. It's a

kind of search engine working on extracted data from the web.
It's working pretty good, but now I'm curious about two things:
- when is it usefull to use a RAMDirectory? Is there a number of documents
in an index that will make it too slow when not using a RAMDirectory or is
there any other hint?
- how are lucene indexes build behind the curtain? How is one organized
inside? I could not find anything about its inner structure.

Thanks for any answers
Clarissa