lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <paul_t...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: ANNOUNCE: Release of Lucene Java 3.0.1 and 2.9.2
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:12:28 GMT
Uwe Schindler wrote:
> Hello Lucene users,
>
> On behalf of the Lucene development community I would like to announce the release of
Lucene Java versions 3.0.1 and 2.9.2:

> Both releases fix bugs in the previous versions:
>
> - 2.9.2 is a bugfix release for the Lucene Java 2.x series, based on Java 1.4
> - 3.0.1 has the same bug fix level but is for the Lucene Java 3.x series, based on Java
5.
Hmm , I don't really agree with deprecating Version.LUCENE_CURRENT (
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2080)

I'm sure in many projects, especially ones that are not yet released
developers would expect to pick up the latest features when they
download the latest version of Lucene without having to update the value
of the Version constant (its just make devlopment a bit more tiresome)
and would realize that code should be rebuilt and  indexes should be
built with same version as searching indexes. I mean whenever you update
the version of a library should really test your code, after all Lucene
3.0.0 changed some things in 2.9.2 unwittingly, hence the need for 3.0.1.

Paul