lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lu <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query about Query.ToString()
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 02:12:22 GMT
XMLQueryParser is pretty good start. However, is it being maintained
recently?

I noticed many Query class are not supported, like PrefixQuery, or even
PhraseQuery.
Is it for some particular reason or simply lack of resource?

--
Chris Lu

Mark Harwood wrote:
> This was part of the rationale for creating the XMLQueryParser which can be found in
contrib.

> See here for the background: http://marc.info/?l=lucene-dev&m=113355526731460&w=2
>

> On 17 Feb 2010, at 18:44, Aaron Schon wrote:
>

>> Hi all, I know that persisting a Lucene query by query ToString() method. Is there
any way of reconstructing the query from the string itself?
>> The usecase is that I will be storing a library of queries as strings and load the
appropriate query (from the string) based on some conditions.