lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Renaud Delbru <renaud.del...@deri.org>
Subject Re: Flex & Docs/AndPositionsEnum
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:47:45 GMT
On 10/02/10 13:15, Uwe Schindler wrote:
>> Could you provide pointers to search code that uses the segment-level
>> enum ?
>> As I explained in my last answer to Michael, the TermScorer is using
>> the
>> DocsEnum interface, and therefore do not know if it manipulates
>> segment-level enum or a Multi*Enums. What search (or query operators)
>> in
>> Lucene is using segment-level enums ?
>>
> All of them, only rewrites are currently done on the top-level reader. IndexSearcher
since 2.9 creates Scorers in separate for each segment and merges the results in its collector.
Because of that we have a modified Collector interface that has setNextReader() methods and
so on.

Ok, so for example, in TermQuery$TermWeight#scorer(reader,
scoreDocsInOrder, topScorer), the reader passed as parameter is one of
the subscorer ? Is that right ?

If this is the case, now I understand why Michael was saying that the
way I am testing the postings (using termPositionsEnum on the top-level
reader) was not really the proper way to test it, and that the correct
way will be instead to use directly a TermQuery.

Thanks for the clarification.
--
Renaud Delbru