lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Renaud Delbru <renaud.del...@deri.org>
Subject Re: Flex & Docs/AndPositionsEnum
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 14:08:31 GMT
Hi Michael,

On 09/02/10 13:35, Michael McCandless wrote:
> It's great that you're testing the flex APIs... things are still "in
> flux" as you've seen.  There's another big patch pending on
> LUCENE-2111...

So, does it mean that the codec interface is likely to change ? Do I
need to be prepared to change again all my code ;o) ?
> Out of curiosity... in what circumstances do you see a Multi*Enum appearing?
>
> Lucene's core always searches "by segment".  Are you doing something
> external (directly using the flex APIs against a
> Multi/DirectoryReader)?

I am using the flex API with the high level Lucene interface
(IndexWriter and IndexReader).
I am creating a RamDirectory, register my codec into the IndexWriter,
and index 64 documents. Then, I use the IndexReader.termPositionsEnum to
get my own DocsAndPositionsEnum in order to check if all the information
that have been stored in the new index data structure are correctly
retrieved.
In that case, I got the previous errors (a MultiDocsAndPositionsEnum is
returned). However, when I am indexing only one or two documents, the
original DocsAndPositionsEnum is returned.

Hope that helps,
cheers
--
Renaud Delbru