lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lu <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scale Out
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 17:33:34 GMT
Since you already have RMI interface, maybe you can parallel search on
several nodes, collect the data, pick top ones, and send back results
via RMI.

--
Chris Lu

Ganesh wrote:
> Our indexes is growing and the sorted cache is taking huge amount of RAM. We want to
add multiple nodes, and scale out the search.

> Currently my applaication supports RMI interface and it return appliaction specific result
set objects as hits. I could host multiple search instance in different nodes, then i may
need to sort / combine the results.