lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Hayri <>
Subject Re: How to use search index while indexing
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 12:21:35 GMT
Ian Lea wrote:
> Sounds like a job for near realtime search aka NRT.
> Take a look at IndexWriter.getReader().
> And more with the help of your favourite search engine.
> --
> Ian.
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Hayri <> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I want to search an index and at the same time continue to my indexing.
>> ParallelReader doesn't solve my problem.
>> It is obvious that I am not searching multiple indexes at the same time. How
>> can I build a document based lock, more over
>> I don't want to open and close and index every time while writing. Merging
>> new index with the old one seems really time
>> consuming and also I want to search the new index.
>> Is it possible? Please give hints...
> For additional commands, e-mail:
Hi Thanks,

I have another related question. I want to decide whether I can index
the document,
so basically when a new document comes I need to make a search in a
specific field in index.
The problem is I don't need to create a IndexSearcher to search for
every document to find if it indexed or not.
I can gather and index the documents to RAM for example. But after
certain # of documents ?? I have to decide to
merge the index except the documents that are already in file index (for
specific fields like unique).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message