lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Query about Query.ToString()
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 07:32:05 GMT
Yes it is being maintained and I have it in production on many large systems.
Phrase prefix wildcard etc can be supported using the "UserQuery" tag which hands off to the
regular Lucene QueryParser. It would be easy to add XML tags for these types but these clauses
tend to be provided by users anyway as part of free-text fields. The other XML syntax tends
to be useful for capturing all the other structured input eg date ranges, checkboxes etc as
filters or caches filters.
I intend to give it a 3.0 refresh to add geo etc soon