lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Provalov <iprov...@yahoo.com>
Subject TREC Data and Topic-Specific Index
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2010 23:49:37 GMT
Robert,

We are using TREC-3 data and Ad Hoc topics 151-200.  The relevance judgments list contains
97,319 entries, of which 68,559 are unique document ids.  The TIPSTER collection which was
used in TREC-3 is around 750,000 documents.

Should we (a) index the entire 750,000 document collection, or (b) the document collection
of the 68,559 unique documents listed in the qrels, or (c) should we limit our index to each
specific topic (about 2,000 docs) i.e. to the documents listed for a particular topic in the
qrels?

Thanks,

Ivan