lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <>
Subject RE: Unexpected Query Results
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 21:00:18 GMT
On 02/04/2010 at 3:24 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> : Since phrase query terms aren't analyzed, you're getting exact
> : matches
> quoted phrase passed to the QueryParser are analyzed -- but they are
> analyzed as complete strings, so Analyzers that treat whitespace
> special may produce differnet Terms then if the individual "words"
> were analyzed individually (which is what happens when QueryParser
> is given multiple "words" that aren't in a quoted phrase)

Yikes, you're right, of course (I just checked the code) - I was thinking of contrib/misc/AnalyzingQueryParser,
which adds analysis to fuzzy, prefix, range, and wildcard queries, since *those* are not analyzed
by QueryParser, and had added phrases to that list in my model of reality...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message