lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jchang <jchangkihat...@gmail.com>
Subject can IndexWriter.addIndexes de-dupe documents?
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 21:26:42 GMT

When I call IndexWriter.addIndexes, is there anything I can do to make it
filter out duplicates based a certain field (or group of fields)?   If I
know that the id field of the document is unique, can I make addIndexes know
that if it finds a new document bat the same id, the new one is valid and
the old one should be overwritten (or deleted and the new one added in its
place)?

I don't see anything like unique constraint in the Field class; I know
Lucene is not a SQL database, but i just wanted to check to make sure I'm
not missing anything.