lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Raimon Bosch <raimon.bo...@gmail.com>
Subject CompareBottom in FieldComparator
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:07:29 GMT

Hi,

Which is the exactly objective of compareBottom and setBottom functions. I
am using a higher numHits to create TopScoreDocCollectors and
TopFieldCollectors because I don't understand properly this function.

I think that is a filter to send less documents to sort in comparators, but
I don't get a way to maximize this amount of documents without forcing
numHits. If we use a simple comparation the sorter is always sorting our
most relevant document, so maybe we need a pseudo-random function? We are
interested in sort a big amount of documents.

Thanks in advance,
Raimon Bosch.

PD: See
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_9_1/api/all/org/apache/lucene/search/TopFieldCollector.html