lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Suraj Parida <parida.su...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching compressed text using CompressionTools
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 11:01:59 GMT

Ian,

Small correction made ...

Thanks for solving my previous problems.

Now i tested the compression with 100 docs and found:
  1. Without Compression size of FS directory (on disk)= 10.8 KB
  2. With Compression size of FS directory (on disk) = 12.0 MB

and with 500 docs:
  1. Without Compression size of FS directory (on disk) = 45.9 KB
  2. With Compression size of FS directory (on disk)  = 56.8 MB

I mean do the compression will increase my disk usage ? if so will 50,000
docs take around 6000 MB?
or please tell if am i doing wrong somewhere because i thought compression
will reduce space usage.

Regards,
Suraj