lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Suraj Parida <parida.su...@gmail.com>
Subject Searching compressed text using CompressionTools
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 11:43:31 GMT

Hi,

I want to compress a text field (due to its large size and spaces), during
indexing.

I am unable to get the same also want to search.

My code during compressing is as follows:
                                String value = "Some large text ...... ";
				byte[] valuesbyte = CompressionTools.compress(value.getBytes());
				final Field f = new Field(key, valuesbyte, Field.Store.YES);
				f.setOmitTermFreqAndPositions(true);
				f.setOmitNorms(true);
                                document.add(f);

Please tell me how to search and display this value.

Regards
Suraj