lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jchang <>
Subject Can't get tokenization/stop works working
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 07:25:26 GMT

I want to be able to store a doc with a field with this as a substring:
And then I want this document to get returned when I query on
  fubar or

I assume what I should do is make www and com stop words, and make sure the
field is tokenized, so it wil break it up along the '.'

I thought  I should take a list of Enlisgh stop words, add in 'www' and com,
and then make sure the field is tokenized, which I did by using this
new Field("name", "value",  Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.Analyzed).
I saw that Field.Index.Analyzed meant it would be tokenized.

It is not working.  Searching on fubar or does not return it.
Thanks for any help.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message