lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Smith G <gudumba.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: range of scores : queryNorm()
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:41:50 GMT
Hello ,

 > Could you back up a step and tell us what the upper-level
> task you're trying to accomplish is? That is, why the partner
> wants the number?

 I am not sure, I was assigned to do this task. It must be related to
furthur tweaks of the result-set which is based on scores.

>  The normalized score
> *is* in a fixed range already, between 0 and 1. Would it serve
> to just modify that and send it back to the partner?

    But, I have got some results whose score is above 1. I do not know
whether I met your conditions (default) .
For ex..

3.0334244 = (MATCH) fieldWeight(freeTextField:england in 7083017), product of:
  2.236068 = tf(termFreq(freeTextField:england)=5)
  7.235139 = idf(docFreq=14539, maxDocs=7420800)
  0.1875 = fieldNorm(field=freeTextField, doc=7083017)

Thanks.