lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From luocan19826...@sohu.com
Subject Re: problem:lucene did not delete old index file after optimize method called
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:35:32 GMT
thanks for your reply!
but I don't think there is an IndexReader still reading those files,because I call indexReader
close
and reopen every 1 minute .

IW also deletes unreferenced files,but why it delete the optimize file,not delete the old
index file.
the merged file is what I wanted.

((after I restart my program, optimize index file disappear,but old index file stay))

----- 原文 ----- 发件人: Michael McCandless 主 题: Re: problem:lucene did not delete
old index file after optimize method called时 间: 2010年2月10日 17:58:12
This happens, on Windows, when there is an IndexReader still readingthose files. IndexWriter
will periodically (after a merge completesor a new segment is flushed) retry deleting those
files, but it won'tsucceed until no reader has a given file open anymore.IW also deletes unreferenced
files when it's first opened. So if youwant to force it to try to delete, close your current
IW and open anew one (with create=false).MikeOn Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 4:24 AM, <luocan19826164@sohu.com>
wrote:>>>>> lucene did not delete old index file after
optimize method called.> ps:I call IndexWriter.getReader() and then call old IndexReader.close()
every 1 minute,> a long time pass, I watche old index file did not disappear.>
after I restart my program, optimize index file disappear,but old index file stay!!---------------------------------------------------------------------To