lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Digy" <>
Subject RE: Phrase Search and NOT_ANALYZED
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:45:14 GMT
Since it is not analyzed, your text is stored as a single term in the index
[something in the index].
But the query
	name:"something in the index"
is translated as :
  find 4 consecutive terms which have values "something", "in","the" and
"index"  respectively.
or if stop words are removed
  find 2 consecutive terms which have values "something" and "index"

You should either index it ANALYZED or use TermQuery while searching.

-----Original Message-----
From: Murdoch, Paul []
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 10:51 PM
Subject: Phrase Search and NOT_ANALYZED

I'm indexing a field using the StandardAnalyzer 2.9.

field = new Field(fieldName, fieldValue, Field.Store.YES,

Let's say fieldName is "name" and fieldValue is "something in the
index".  When I perform the query...

name:"something in the index"

... I don't get a hit.  I'm using the StandardAnalyzer for searching.
I've tested this with Luke and it doesn't work there either.  What am I

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message