lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Murdoch, Paul" <PAUL.B.MURD...@saic.com>
Subject RE: Phrase Search and NOT_ANALYZED
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:53:09 GMT
It still fails even when there are no stop words.  I'm going to try a
PhraseQuery instead of relying on the QueryParser.

Regards,

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: java-user-return-45151-PAUL.B.MURDOCH=saic.com@lucene.apache.org
[mailto:java-user-return-45151-PAUL.B.MURDOCH=saic.com@lucene.apache.org
] On Behalf Of Digy
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:45 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Phrase Search and NOT_ANALYZED

Since it is not analyzed, your text is stored as a single term in the
[something in the index].
But the query
	name:"something in the index"
is translated as :
  find 4 consecutive terms which have values "something", "in","the" and
"index"  respectively.
or if stop words are removed
  find 2 consecutive terms which have values "something" and "index"

You should either index it ANALYZED or use TermQuery while searching.

DIGY