lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Searching compressed text using CompressionTools
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 11:50:43 GMT
I forget:

To also index those fields, add it a second time with only index enabled and same name:

String value = "Some large text ...... ";
byte[] valuesbyte = CompressionTools.compress(value.getBytes());
Field f = new Field(key, valuesbyte, Field.Store.YES);
Document.add(field); // the stored one, so need for norms/TF suppress
F = new Field(key, value, Field.Store.NO, Field.Index.ANALYZED);
f.setOmitTermFreqAndPositions(true);
f.setOmitNorms(true);
document.add(f);

-----