lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Digy" <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: During the wild card search, will lucene 2.9.0 to convert the search string to lower case?
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 18:36:29 GMT
Did you try queryParser.SetLowercaseExpandedTerms(false)?

DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: java8964 java8964 [mailto:java8964@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 8:11 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: During the wild card search, will lucene 2.9.0 to convert the
search string to lower case?

I would like to confirm your reply. You mean that the query parse will lower
casing. In fact, it looks like that it only does this for wild card query,
right?

For the term query, it didn't. As proved by if you change the line to:

            Query query = new QueryParser("title",
wrapper).parse("title:\"BBB CCC\"");

You will get 1 hits back. So in this case, the query parser class did in
different way for term query and wild card query.

We have to use the query parse in this case, but we have our own Query
parser class extends from the lucene query parser class. Anything we can do
to about it?

Will lucense's query parser class be fixed for the above inconsistent
implementation?

Thanks

> From: uwe@thetaphi.de
> To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: RE: During the wild card search, will lucene 2.9.0 to convert the
search string to lower case?
> Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 17:41:08 +0100
>
> Only query parser does the lower casing. For such a special case, I would
suggest to use a PrefixQuery or WildcardQuery directly and not use query
parser.