lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.9 and 3.0: Optimized index is thrice as large as the not optimized index
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 16:35:40 GMT
Do you have a reader open on the index which was opened before your
your index was optimized? Maybe there is a reader around holding on
the references to the merged segments.

simon

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Yuliya Palchaninava <yp@solute.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> According to the api documentation: "In general, once the optimize completes, the total
size of the index will be less than the size of the starting index. It could be quite a bit
smaller (if there were many pending deletes) or just slightly smaller". In our case the index
becomes not smaller but larger, namely thrice as large.

> The not optimized index doesn't contain compressed fields, what could have caused the
growth of the index due to the otimization. So we cannot explain what happens.