lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Guido Bartolucci <guido.bartolu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene as a primary datastore
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:25:09 GMT
Thanks for the response. I understand all of what you wrote, but what
I care about and what I had a little trouble describing exactly in my
previous question is:

- Are all problems with Lucene obvious (e.g., you get an exception and
you know your data is now bad) or are there subtle corruptions that
just happen and because of that it makes sense to constantly rebuild
the index?

I ask this because if this isn't the case then replication isn't going
to help, the problems probably get copied over to the other instances
(unless I'm missing something).

guido.