lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Asif Nawaz <asifna...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Index searching problem
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:40:03 GMT

ok. it works when i add commit and close indexes. when open the index file with Lukes, it
shows me the list of documents that were matched.  But in my program it returns no of hits
= 0. Why???
Hits hits = se.performSearch("significance");System.out.println("hits length = "+ hits.length());

> Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:45:27 +0100
> Subject: Re: Index searching problem
> From: simon.willnauer@googlemail.com
> To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
>
> do you close your index writer or commit it before you open your searcher?
>
> one more thing, if you search for "Hotel" you might not find anything
> if the querystring is not passed through the StandardAnalyzer you use
> for indexing. (well, or another analyzer that does lowercasing).
> BTW. you email is hard to read though - I don't see a single newline.
>
> simon
>
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Asif Nawaz <asifnawaz@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > i build an index to store 100 docs, each with field author, title and abstract.for
(i=0;i<100;i++) {writer = new IndexWriter("index",new StandardAnalyzer(),true,IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength.UNLIMITED);
        doc.add(new Field("author",cfcDoc.getAu(), Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.TOKENIZED));doc.add(new
Field("title",cfcDoc.getTi(), Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.TOKENIZED));doc.add(new Field("abstract",cfcDoc.getAb(),
Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.TOKENIZED));writer.addDocument(doc);}
> > But when i perfrom a search, it returns zero results, even querystring exist in
one of the field of document. why is it so?????
> > Hits hits = se.performSearch("Hotel");System.out.println("hits length = "+ hits.length());
> > It creates index folder in file system, but when i open the file _0.fdt or _0.fdx
with Luke. this shows nothing... it also deletes the file from file system.