lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: ShingleFilter with outputUnigrams=false
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 18:48:08 GMT

: I am using lucene 2.9.1 and I was trying to understand the ShingleFilter and wrote the code
below.
: I was expecting the output as follows with maxShingleSize=3 and outputUnigrams=false :
: Am I missing something or this is the expected behavior?

I'm not very familiar with ShingleFilter, and i'n not 100% sure i
understand the example you describe, but it *seems* like there may be a
bug here ... the easieest way to verify that is if you could tweak your
example code into the form of a (failing) JUnit test and open a new Jira
issue -- then other devs (who know more about SHingleFilter) could look at
it and either verify that there is a bug, or point out what's invalid
about hte test.

-Hoss