lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: much memory overhead does Tika generally require
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 01:40:38 GMT
Probably best to ask on tika-user@lucene.apache.org

On Jan 4, 2010, at 7:34 PM, Baldwin, David wrote:

> I need to get a handle on how much memory Tika needs to token-ize different=  file types.
 In other words, I need to find information on required overhe= ad (including copies of buffers
made if applicable) so that I can produce s= ome kind of guidelines for memory possibly needed
by users of the product I=  am working on which uses lucene/tika.

> Now I realize that there is a lot of context that can be provided, I want t= o find out
first, if anyone knows of already existing data/metrics on this.