lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 2.9 and 3.0: Optimized index is thrice as large as the not optimized index
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 16:35:06 GMT
Yuliya,

The index *directory* will be larger *while* you are optimizing.  After the optimization is
completed successfully, the index directory will be smaller.  It is possible that your index
directory is large(r) because you have some left-over segments (e.g. from some earlier failed/interrupted
optimizations) that are not really a part of the index.  After optimizing, you should have
only 1 segment, so if you see more than 1 segment, look at the ones with older timestamps.
 Those can be (re)moved.

 Otis
--
Sematext -- http://sematext.com/ -- Solr - Lucene - Nutch