lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Harris <rygu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tag Index patch (LUCENE-1292) status?
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 04:18:56 GMT
I'm probably not going to work on it right now.

It might be nice, though, to make sure I have the right big-picture
idea of the tag index patch. I can think of two ways to ask it:

1. What's the relationship between the tag index patch and LUCENE-1879
("Parallel incremental indexing", which also has the associated page
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ParallelIncrementalIndexing)? Is
the tag index an alternative idea, or a complementary one?

2. Does the tag index patch means to take care of all of my fields, or
does it only apply to my updateable (and non-tokenized) fields? For
example, if I use the tag index patch (and suppose I don't use any
LUCENE-1879 stuff), then do I need to manually create two indexes, one
for my static fields and one for my tags? (I would need to be careful
about how I coordinated these indexes, so I could use a ParallelReader
with them.) Or is there only one index, and the tag fields are
updateable simply by virtue of the patch's new segment file types?

Thanks,
Chris