lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Harris <rygu...@gmail.com>
Subject Tag Index patch (LUCENE-1292) status?
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 00:42:27 GMT
I'm interested in the Tag Index patch (LUCENE-1292), in particular
because of how it enables you to modify certain fields without
reindexing a whole document. However, that issue is marked Lucene
2.3.1 and hasn't been updated since July 2008. Can anyone provide any
status updates on this patch? Questions include:

- Is anyone using this in production?

- Does this work with Lucene 2.9/3.0?

- Is anyone actively working on the patch now?

- Are there any competing approaches now for doing updates to
particular fields? (I haven't found any yet.)

Thanks,
Chris