lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Trin Chavalittumrong <mrt...@gmail.com>
Subject Max Segmentation Size when Optimizing Index
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:36:59 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to optimize the index which would merge different segment
together. Let say the index folder is 1Gb in total, I need each segmentation
to be no larger than 200Mb. I tried to use *LogByteSizeMergePolicy *and
setMaxMergeMB(100) to ensure no segment after merging would be 200Mb.
However, I still see segment that are larger than 200Mb. I did call
IndexWriter.optimize(20) to make sure there are enough number segmentation
to allow each segment to be under 200Mb.

Can someone let me know if I am using this right? Or any suggestion on how
to tackle this would be helpful.

Thanks,

Trin