lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aaron McCurry <amccurry.luc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene as a primary datastore
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 23:52:39 GMT
While I know that our situation is fairly unique, but we rebuild our indexes weekly.  The source
of our indexes are data marts generated from flat files.  We do this because our data changes
too rapidly for us to keep up with the changes.  We do update the indexes at runtime, but
only with about 10% of the changes.  The other changes are re processed weekly.  So Lucene
is our runtime data store for search and data retrieval.  However it is not the system of
record.

Aaron

On Jan 21, 2010, at 12:23 AM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

> Guido,
>
> No, you should absolutely not need to constantly rebuild the index.  If you find you
have to do that, you'll know you are doing something wrong.