lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Avi Rosenschein <arosensch...@gmail.com>
Subject PhraseQuery with term positions
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 11:50:38 GMT
Hi,

I am using PhraseQuery with explicitly set term positions and slop=0, in
order to skip stop words. The field in my index is indexed with TermVector
positions.

When I do a query with stop words skipped, for example "internet for
research" (translated into PhraseQuery: "internet ? research"), I am getting
results with non-stop words as well as stop words, where the stop word
should be (e.g. "internet related research").

Is this expected behavior? If so, is there any way to do what I want, which
is for the query to match only results like "internet [stop-word] research"?

Thanks,
-- Avi