lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene as a primary datastore
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 05:15:46 GMT
You are not alone, Guido.  It's a good question.  In my experience, Lucene is as stable as
MySQL/PostgreSQL in terms of its ability to hold your data and not corrupt it.  Of course,
even with the most expensive databases, you'd want to make backups.  The same goes with Lucene.
 Nowadays, one way people make "backups" is via replication. :)  Solr users thus often get
backups for free, as do people who put copies of their data on file systems like HDFS, which
tend to have replication turned on.

 Otis
--
Sematext -- http://sematext.com/ -- Solr - Lucene - Nutch