lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Naama Kraus <naamakr...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems with IndexWriter#commit() on Linux
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 12:13:32 GMT
Hi,

I am using IndexWriter#commit() methods in my program to commit document
additions to the index. I do that once in a while, after a bunch of
documents were added. Since my indexing process is long, I want to make sure
I don't loose too many additions in case of a crash.
When running on Windows, things work as expected. But when running my code
on Linux, seems like commit() has no effect. If I kill my program and then
restart it, I don't see documents that I added and then committed (they are
not returned by a search operation).
I am running Lucene 3.0.0

Can anyone help ?

Thanks, Naama

--
"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you
want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales."