lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Philippe <mailer.tho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sort by the number of matching fields
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2010 20:16:00 GMT
Hi Ian,

you are probably right that doc2 will be ranked higher as it contains
both id-fields. However, I am sure that this is not always the case in
the default TF/IDF-ranking scheme.

As you mentioned in the second part, I could add a new field holding the
number of matching fields. The Problem is that the list  of relevant ids
is often changing...

Regards,
    Philippe