lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From andy green <>
Subject lucene search
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 18:41:54 GMT

I programmed with Lucene code to handle the search on my site ... the
articles indexed are those stored in a database, then I do a search with
"lucene.queryparser" on the field "code" of various objects (a "code" is a
word of 3 6-character) ...

My problem is the fact that when I search, I am obliged to insert exactly
the real "code" to get a result. For example if in the database, I have an
object whose "code" is "lpg" , by typing "lp" in my textbox (for searching),
I get nothing ... I must enter the real entire code  ... "lpg"

In addition my research does not react with "figures" or characters such as

How can I do? I think that the problem may be due to "analyzer" I chose? (I
tried to use "SimpleAnalyser" or "StandardAnalyser)

Thank you for your help!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message