lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jchang <jchangkihat...@gmail.com>
Subject Can't start Lucene App: java.io.FileNotFoundException with brand new directory
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2010 03:28:07 GMT

When I try to start my service and construct an IndexWriter, I get this:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: no segments* file found in
org.apache.lucene.store.NIOFSDirectory@/home/jchang/IdeaProjects/index-service_trunk/target/testindexA/index/indexablemaildata:
files: [write.lock]

It is odd.  The problem is not that it is complaining about a lock file.
There is none there.  It seems to be complaining that there is NOT a lock
file.  Why?  The directory is brand new - nothing is it it at all - not
write.lock file is there.