lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Konstantyn Smirnov <inject...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerExc in CloseableThreadLocal... (Lucene 3.0.0)
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:23:28 GMT

Thanks for the answer Mike

indeed it is possible, but practically...

I start the loop immediately after searcher.search(), and with my index size
of 3 MB, the whole operation takes max 100 ms. Given the rate of like 50
updates - addDocument()/expungeDeletes()/IR.reopen() per day, the
probability is really low, I think, because the update takes also about 100
ms...

Anyway, it would be worth trying some IR reopen lock. Do you have any idea
on that?

-----
Konstantyn Smirnov, CTO
http://www.poiradar.ru www.poiradar.ru