lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: R-Tree in lucene thoughts?
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 17:21:24 GMT
On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 10:13:00AM -0500, Ryan McKinley wrote:
> With the new flexible indexing stuff, would it be possible to natively
> write an rtree to disk in the index process?

The question I'd have is, how would you handle interleaving of hits from
different segments?  Meaning, if you have a priority queue with 10 slots, 10
hits from one segment, and 10 hits from another segment, how do you determine
which his win and which fall out the bottom of the queue?

> It looks like Lucy has considered something similar:
> http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/75ac07b7e2d6160d/pluggable_indexreader_was_real_time_updates

Yes.  That post is from last spring; since then, a prototype of the Lucy
pluggable IndexReader design has been implemented in KinoSearch, so you could
write such a component today.

Marvin Humphrey