lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Baldwin, David" <David_Bald...@bmc.com>
Subject much memory overhead does Tika generally require
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 00:34:46 GMT
I need to get a handle on how much memory Tika needs to token-ize different=  file types.
In other words, I need to find information on required overhe= ad (including copies of buffers
made if applicable) so that I can produce s= ome kind of guidelines for memory possibly needed
by users of the product I=  am working on which uses lucene/tika.

Now I realize that there is a lot of context that can be provided, I want t= o find out first,
if anyone knows of already existing data/metrics on this.