lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Leonid M." <leoni...@gmail.com>
Subject Multi-value (complex) field indexing
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2009 18:08:45 GMT
*Problem description*

   - I have a complex multi-value field. So, each value consist from several
   rows.
   - Each rows consists from several cells/items

I want to be able to match those issues, which have a *row* with cellA="AAA"
and cellB="BBB". Having a search by all the table (meaning - any row
cellA="AAA" and any row cellB="BBB") is something I understand and hopefully
could easily implement by having different FieldIndexers for each column.

*Example:*
*
*
*Field value:*
*Row 1: [AAA] [BBB] [XXX]*
*Row 2: [CCC] [BBB] [XXX]
*
I would like to run [CCC][BBB] query to look for rows containing these
values and in this case I will get empty result set, since no such field is
present.

*Question*
Is there any option to index / look for particular row only?

I understand that I could make each row to be a separate document, but it
doesn't sit me (it's 3rd party system and I have no access for new document
creation, all I could do - to extend system's indexing mechanism).

So, could I somehow index multiple rows within one document and construct
Lucene search against some particular *row*?

--
Best regards,
Leonids Malovs