lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject SnowballAnalyzer and StopAnalyzer.ENGLISH_STOP_WORDS_SET ?
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 12:55:01 GMT
Hi All

I'm upgrading my code from 2.4 to 2.9, and I've hit an issue with
deprecations.

My old code was:
 	new SnowballAnalyzer("English", StopAnalyzer.ENGLISH_STOP_WORDS);

Looking at the JavaDocs, I'd expected that the new format would be:
 	new SnowballAnalyzer(Version.LUCENE_CURRENT, "English", StopAnalyzer.ENGLISH_STOP_WORDS_SET);

However, while StopAnalyzer has depcrecated ENGLISH_STOP_WORDS in favour
of ENGLISH_STOP_WORDS_SET, and while SnowballAnalyzer seems to use a Set
based stopwords list internally, there doesn't seem to be a constructor
for SnowballAnalyzer that takes a set, only a String[] one

Has anyone hit this before? Am I safe to make a patch to SnowballAnalyzer
to create a matching constructor taking Set rather than String[] so I can
use the non deprecated stopwords from StopAnalyzer, or am I barking up the
wrong tree here?

Thanks
Nick